What can be tastier than fragrant delicate pastries from puff pastry? Many housewives believe that it is difficult to prepare, content with other recipes. This is where simple recipes for such dough and delicious delicacies from it come in handy, making use of which even the most inept housewife can easily prepare amazing pastries.
Plain puff pastry
Learning how to make such a dough, you can cook any pastries: with both sweet and salty fillings.
- 130 g margarine;
- 5 g of salt;
- 310 ml of water;
- 600 g of flour.
- Combine the salt with warm water, add flour (leave a little). Knead the dough, wrap for 25 minutes with plastic wrap.
- Take out the dough, knead for a few minutes and again send in polyethylene for a quarter of an hour.
- Roll out a long rectangle with a rolling pin. Grease most of the margarine (melted). Wrap the unlubricated part inward, cover with the remaining part. Lubricate the dough again and wrap again.
- Remove the dough in the cold by wrapping it with foil. After half an hour, repeat (roll, grease, wrap), cool, and you can proceed to the formation of products with different fillings.
For pies or rolls, it is better to make yeast dough, but cookies from this version of puff pastry will be perfect.
Yeast Puff Pastry
The preparation of this option will take a little longer, but the result will be wonderful. A step-by-step recipe will help you deal with this effortlessly.
- 40 g of brown sugar;
- 12 g of dry yeast;
- 4 grams of salt;
- 480 g of milk;
- 275 g butter;
- 1 egg
- 800 g flour (a little more may be needed).
- Whisk the protein of one egg with several crystals of salt.
- Combine one yolk with yeast, half the butter, salt and milk, add brown sugar.
- Add a portion of flour and protein foam.
- Pour in the remaining flour a little and knead the dough. It should be smooth and shiny. Leave to rise briefly.
- Roll out a thick layer of dough. Put oil on the big half, first cover with an unlubricated part, then oil.
- Sprinkle the dough with flour and again roll out the formation, but already a little thinner. Repeat the whole process (grease, fold). If desired, you can do this several times, baking will be more layered.
Pies with cottage cheese "Apricot paradise"
Now, when cooking puff pastry is not a problem for you, you can start cooking delicious pastries. Sweet fragrant filling will surely appeal even to those kids who cannot stand cottage cheese.
- 1 kg of puff yeast dough (you can buy frozen);
- 300 g of apricots (from a jar or fresh);
- 1 egg
- 240 g sugar powder;
- 30 ml of lemon juice;
- 70 g of sugar;
- 260 g of cottage cheese.
- Rub the cottage cheese thoroughly, combine with whipped protein, sugar.
- Roll out the dough and cut into squares, put curd filling on each. Halve apricots on cottage cheese. Raise and connect the two opposite edges of the dough.
- Put each pie on a baking sheet previously sprinkled with cold water.
- Grease the products with ground yolk, bake in the oven.
- Lubricate the hot, ready-made pies with lemon juice crushed with powder.
If you wish, you can decorate the pies with melted chocolate.
If you have ready-made purchased dough in the refrigerator, then it will take you just a few minutes to prepare a delicious treat. A great recipe for those who appreciate every minute, but loves a delicious meal.
- 30 g of powdered sugar;
- 1 egg
- 15 g of almonds;
- 80 g of apple jam;
- 100 g of cherries (from compote, fresh, from jam);
- 350 g puff yeast-free dough.
- Remove the cherries liquid with a strainer.
- Roll out the dough, cut the same squares. Half of them are cut from the corners to the middle.
- Sprinkle whole squares with water and cover with notched ones. Put a filling on each square, raise the notched edges, making the cheesecake look like a flower. Sprinkle with nuts. In order for the filling to keep its shape better and not blur, you can add a little starch to the curd.
- Put on a baking sheet prepared for baking with pastry paper. Grease with an egg. Bake in a hot oven.
At the end of the preparation, the baked goods should be cooled and generously sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Cookies "Guest Visit"
For such cookies, you can cook a simple puff pastry, or you can buy a finished one. Homemade can be frozen already rolled, wrapping it with cling film and twisting it with a roll. Now, at the guests' visit, you just have to defrost, expand the finished layers and bake cookies using a simple recipe.
- 500 g of ready-made puff pastry;
- 5 g of vanillin;
- 2 raw yolks;
- 100 g of brown sugar;
- 5 g of vegetable oil.
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer. With a cookie cutter cut out cookies.
- Grease most of the workpieces with whipped and vegetable oil and vanilla yolks, sprinkle with sugar.
- Fold the blanks in three pieces, leaving grease on top.
- Bake in the oven for a little over a quarter of an hour, remove, grease with yolk and sprinkle with a lot of sugar. Send bake until ready.
Chocolate puff pastry rolls - classic recipe
This recipe can be taken as the basis for any puff pastries. For the filling, you can use jam, chopped fruits, berries. The finished product can be sprinkled with poppy seeds, powdered sugar, chopped nuts.
What is necessary:
- sifted flour - 470-530 g;
- large fresh egg;
- milk 2.5% - 220-240 ml;
- fast yeast - 7-9 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- granulated sugar - 35-45 g;
- odorless sunflower oil - 120-130 ml;
- butter - 180-210 g;
- chocolate paste.
How to cook:
- Heat the milk to a temperature of 35-37 degrees, add granulated sugar and yeast.
- Cover the container, keep warm until a cap of thick foam appears.
- Separate the protein, beat with a little salt.
- Mix flour with salt, add protein, dough, vegetable oil.
- Mix the dough with your hands - it should hold its shape well, be soft.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with foil.
- When the volume of the test increases by 2 times, it needs to be slightly kneaded, divided into 10 equal parts, left for a quarter of an hour.
- Roll each piece into a layer with a thickness of not more than 3 mm, put all the cakes on top of each other, grease each layer with soft butter.
- Finely roll out the finished dough again, divide it into identical squares.
- Put 4-5 g of filling in the center of the square, pinch the corners to the middle.
- Add 30 ml of milk to the yolk, beat well with a fork, grease the buns only from above - do not smear the edges, they will become stiff.
- Bake in the oven at a temperature of 175-180 g for about 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the finished buns with chopped nuts.
The purchased puff pastry for buns must be properly defrosted - it is best to leave it overnight on the middle shelf in the refrigerator in the factory packaging.
Puff buns with chocolate should be refrigerated before baking for 10-15 minutes - this way chocolate and butter will not leak.
Puff pastry is great for baking with fish or vegetables. Unsweetened filling, crumbly dough - such a pie can be served as an appetizer to the festive table.
- 20 g butter;
- 300 g of potatoes;
- salt, sugar, pepper (to taste);
- 200 g of onion;
- 450 g of red fish;
- 550 grams of puff yeast dough.
- Cut the fish fillet into thin slices with the skin.
- Marinate the fish in a bowl with onion rings, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Cut the peeled potatoes as thin as possible into slices, sprinkle with salt.
- In a deep form (greased), put most of the dough, be sure to make sides of it. Put the potatoes, a few slices of butter.
- Put the fish, again a layer of potatoes, be sure to put the butter again.
- Close the cake with the remaining dough, pinch the edges carefully. Make a small hole on top for steam to escape.
- Before going to the oven, grease the top with an egg. Bake at medium temperature. Sprinkle the hot finished cake with melted butter.
To make the pastries more beautiful, you can dream up and decorate it with flowers or figures from the dough.
Amazing filling with a little acidity gives the cake an exquisite taste.
- 45 g semolina;
- 20 g of a mixture of peppers (black and red);
- 10 g of salt;
- 120 gr onions;
- 2 eggs;
- 240 g of cheese;
- 230 g puff pastry;
- 470 g spinach (frozen).
- Fry the onion cubes in olive oil in a pan.
- Defrost spinach and combine with golden onions. Send an egg here.
- Grind cheese with a sharp knife and combine with semolina with green spinach. Do not forget to add spices.
- Roll out the dough into three layers. Two of them put in shape.
- Put the stuffing.
- Roll out the third layer, make beautiful cuts across the surface.
- Close the pie with the notched dough, pinch the edges, grease with yolk.
- Put in a hot oven. 45 minutes to cook.
Delicious snack tartlets for kids are ideal for a buffet table. Their uniqueness is that you can put any filling. This recipe for puff appetizers uses chicken salad, but each housewife can put something different there.
- 60 g pickled mushrooms;
- 40 g of greens;
- 50 g mayonnaise;
- 200 g of tomatoes;
- 3 eggs (boiled);
- 400 g of chicken breast (boiled or smoked);
- 460 g puff pastry;
- 1 raw yolk.
- Roll out the dough, cut it into even small squares.
- Half of the squares cut from the center crosswise.
- Grease the whole squares with yolk.
- Cover with incised squares whole, unscrew the middle in the form of flowers.
- Chop the middle with a fork and send to bake until golden brown.
- Prepare the salad by chopping the remaining ingredients and seasoning with mayonnaise.
- Cool ready-made mini tartlets and fill beautifully with salad.
Kebabs with puff pastry
Wonderful appetizer for outdoor enthusiasts. Early ripening puff and meat skewers can be cooked on the grill, or can be cooked in the oven, it will be equally tasty.
- 300 g of dough;
- salt, pepper mixture;
- 2 eggs;
- 30 g of garlic;
- 100 gr onions;
- 50 ml of soy sauce;
- 450 g of minced meat.
- Combine the minced meat with the garlic and onions passed through the meat grinder. Add soy sauce, spices, raw protein.
- Dough cut into long strips 4 cm wide.
- To make small balls out of minced meat, put them on skewers, as if wrapping them in strips of dough.
- Put on prepared pan. Lubricate generously with a beaten egg. Bake for 20 minutes.
Puff pastry croissants (video)
Simple recipes will allow you to quickly cook puff pastry yourself. If it is ready, then the recipes will help you determine the original treat. It doesn’t matter what you do, the pastries will always be delicious and delicious.