We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
By "Pikus" is meant an insecticidal dressing agent used to treat tubers and seeds. The drug provides reliable protection against gnawing and sucking parasites. After planting the treated planting material, the active component forms a protective area around the root system. This leads to the death of parasites upon contact with treated seeds and soil.
Composition and formulation
The agent is released in the form of a suspension concentrate. In 1 liter of the product, there are 600 grams of imidacloprid, which is the active substance of the drug. The composition is released in a 5 liter canister.
What is the tool for?
This contact-systemic dressing agent is used to treat tubers and seeds. It helps to cope with a whole complex of post-emergence and soil-dwelling parasites.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
The agent can be used for winter and spring wheat, barley, rapeseed. It helps to avoid damage to plantings by wireworms, gnawing scoops, tops. Also, the drug provides reliable protection against fleas, flies, aphids, weevils.
Principle of operation
Imidacloprid is considered the active component of Pikus. It is with its presence in the composition that the principle of the drug's action is associated. The active substance is distributed over the ground and underground parts of the plants. This happens as they grow and develop.
The composition leads to blocking the transmission of nerve impulses. This occurs at the level of the acetylcholine receptor of the postsynaptic membrane. The substance is characterized by translaminar and systemic activity. This helps to control the activity of cereal parasites.
The substance enters the structure of the seed during swelling and moves towards the growing point. The high consistency of the product ensures its rapid penetration into plant organs and helps to protect roots and sprouts for a long time.
The product is characterized by unique physical and chemical properties. This ensures reliable retention of the composition on the treated surface. In addition, the drug includes additional components. They help to improve the quality of the application of the substance.
The advantages of the drug include the following:
- high efficiency - the product successfully copes with soil and post-emergence pests;
- reliable protection of roots and shoots from parasites in the post-emergence period of crop growth - it is considered the most critical;
- reliable protection of plantings in any climate;
- a long period of protective action - this helps to reduce the number of insecticidal treatments during the growing season;
- possibility of application as part of a crop protection program;
- the possibility of combining in tank mixtures with fungicidal dressing agents;
- The optimum ratio of price and quality.
Consumption rate and application of "Pikus"
It is important to use the dressing correctly in order to be effective. In this case, it is worth observing the dosage of the drug:
|Usage rate||Culture||Pests||Processing features||Waiting period (number of treatments)|
|5,5-6,5||Rape||Cruciferous fleas||The composition is used for seed treatment. 1 ton requires up to 16.5 liters of working solution.||– (1)|
|0,5-0,75||Winter wheat||Bread beetle||The composition requires processing seeds. There are 11 liters of composition per 1 ton of seed.||– (1)|
|0,5-1||Barley and Wheat||Cereal flies, bread fleas, aphids||The composition is used for processing seed material. For 1 ton, 11 liters of the substance are used.||– (1)|
|0,5-1||Peas||Root weevils||The drug is used for seed treatment. 1 ton will require 11 liters of seeds.||– (1)|
|0,8-1||Linen||Flax fleas||The composition is used to treat seeds. Up to 11 liters of the substance are used per ton.||– (1)|
|0,25-0,4||Potatoes||Colorado potato beetle, aphids, wireworms, leafhoppers, false wireworms||The drug is required to process tubers and furrows when planting. 1 hectare requires 80-120 liters of substance.||70 (1)|
|4-5||Corn||Gnawing scoops, false wireworms, wireworms||The composition requires processing seeds. For 1 ton of planting material, 8-10 liters of the composition are required.||– (1)|
|4-5||Sunflower||Gnawing scoops, false wireworms, wireworms||The drug is suitable for processing planting material. For 1 ton of seeds, 8-10 liters of the substance are used.||– (1)|
When using a substance, it is important to follow these rules:
- To make a working solution, it is recommended to mix the drug with water. It is important to get a homogeneous mass.
- Seed dressing is required in a moist way. In this case, it is recommended to use continuous devices.
- Depending on the type of etching device, it is worth using different amounts of working fluid. On average, 5-10 liters are used per 1 ton. It is important to ensure that the substance evenly covers the seeds.
- It is permissible to dress the seeds before planting or in advance.
- In case of premature processing, it is recommended to store the planting material until the moment of sowing. This should be done in a cool, dry environment.
What is it compatible with?
The drug is compatible with most pesticides that are applied at the same time. However, the composition must first be checked for compatibility. To do this, you need to prepare a small amount of the mixture.
Expiration date and storage conditions
The drug is stored for 2 years. It is recommended to keep it in a dry and dark place. In this case, the temperature should be from 0 to +40 degrees.
The active analogs of the substance include the following:
The Pikus preparation is an effective insecticidal disinfectant that helps to cope with a whole range of dangerous insects. In order for the use of the substance to be effective, it is important to strictly adhere to the instructions for its use. Observance of safety measures and storage conditions of the substance is of no small importance.