We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber "Atlantis f1" belongs to the category of early and very productive hybrids. The originator of this hybrid form is Bejo Zaden. It was included 15 years ago in the State Register for cultivation in garden plots, as well as a vegetable crop for household plots and in small farms.
"Atlantis f1" is a bee-pollinated high-yielding hybrid of early ripening and is intended for fresh consumption, and is also suitable for canning and pickling.
The taste and marketability of this hybrid are very good. Cucumbers of this hybrid form (gf) have excellent resistance to cladosporiosis, and also very rarely affected by diseases such aspowdery mildew and mosaic virus.
Fruits are 10-12 cm long, 3.0-3.5 cm in diameter. They have a spiky surface and a pronounced cylindrical shape. The average weight of cucumbers reaches 95 g. The pulp is juicy, dense, crunchy, without signs of bitterness. Fruits are dark green in color and tuberous.
Bushes are formed very powerful, medium weaving. Fruiting occurs on average 43 days after emergence. The total yield exceeds 10 kg per square meter of plantings.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumber "Atlantis f1" has a lot of positive characteristics:
- early ripening of the hybrid;
- high productivity;
- flatness and marketability of fruits;
- high resistance to many diseases;
- universality of use.
Harvested fruits do not lose their commercial qualities for two weeks. However, with insufficient lighting, which can be observed when cultivating cucumbers in greenhouse constructions in winter, plants can significantly stretch and lose their declared productivity. Cultivation is allowed both in open ground and in greenhouses or greenhouses.
Cucumber Atlantis F1: hybrid characteristics
The indeterminant hybrid Atlantis f1 is quite often grown by direct sowing of seeds in the ground. This hybrid seed should be sown in well-warmed (up to + 15 ° C) soil. In this case, the air must have time to warm up to +18 ° C. The soil must be moist. The depth of sowing seeds can be 2-3 cm.
After sowing the ridges should be covered with a film or lutrasil. Sowing on the so-called "warm" ridges gives a good result.
Cucumber "Atlantis f1" shows high productivity when grown through seedlings. When using the trellis method of cultivation with timely planting of seedlings, fruiting occurs about two weeks earlier than when cultivating cucumbers in a seedlingless way. It is very convenient to grow seedlings in special seedling cassettes.
The quality of planting material depends on properly prepared soil, which should consist of:
- from peat
- mullein with the addition of components such as ammonium nitrate, potassium sulfate, superphosphate and lime as mineral fertilizers.
The mixture ready for planting should have a pH of 6.7.
Seedling care consists of watering, a couple of fertilizing with complex fertilizers, and additional exposure. The backlight is turned on in the morning and turned off after seven hours. Before planting in a permanent place, hardening of cucumber seedlings is performed.
Sowing and planting dates
The planting dates of cucumber plants are always determined primarily by weather conditions, temperature indicators of soil and air, as well as the age and condition of the seedlings themselves.
- in heated greenhouses, sowing of seeds is carried out in mid-April, and planting of seedlings can begin in early May;
- sowing on ridges under film shelter is carried out in the second decade of April, and cucumber seedlings are planted in late May;
- sow seeds on open ridges no earlier than the first decade of May. The best time for planting plants in open ground is the beginning of June.
It should be noted that the soil on ridges of open ground should be well warmed up. In addition, when preparing ridges for planting or sowing, crop rotation rules should be followed.
We also offer you to read an article in which we talk about the best methods of weed control.
Cucumber "Atlantis f1" is very unpretentious and forms ovaries even in the conditions of shading and insufficient care. Compliance with the following agricultural practices will help to grow healthy plants and get good yields:
- in the first days after the planting of cucumber seedlings, it must be well watered, as well as shaded from sunlight;
- if there is a risk of significant temperature drops, it is necessary to install arcs over the plants and cover the landing with a film or high-quality non-woven material;
- watering should be carried out in the evening with water warmed up in the sun;
- the amount of water for irrigation is regulated depending on soil moisture and the presence of natural atmospheric precipitation;
- As fertilizers, it is recommended to use mullein diluted with water, as well as special complex formulations for feeding vegetable crops.
Spraying plants with fungicidal agents is necessary in the presence of the first signs of disease.
It should be remembered that hybrid forms of cucumbers are not suitable for collecting seeds.
Cucumber "Atlantis f1" is really popular among gardeners. Quality seeds are characterized by excellent germination. For a long time many gardeners consider this variety to be one of the best for growing in greenhouses. Begins to bear fruit early, cucumbers are small, juicy.
However, this hybrid grows well in open ground without the use of shelter, where it gives a high and stable yield due to its powerful growth and resistance to diseases, as well as adverse weather factors.
Cucumbers: varieties and hybrids
The predominantly female type of flowering suggests the presence of pollinating insects. The variety is rated excellent and a number of negative reviews about the Atlantis f1 hybrid are most likely due to the use of poor-quality seed material or gross violations of agricultural technology.